Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Gift from Mother Nature



            This morning I woke up to a fabulous sunrise peeking over the neighbors' rooftops. There is a slight mist and a cold chill - a normal January morning. We've been having unseasonably warm days this year and I think I'm finally ready for the crisp refreshing winter air. I would love to have seen this from my front porch at French Hollow, but it doesn't exist yet. My wonderful husband grew up in French Hollow and that is where we hope to retire. In the meanwhile, I just have to be satisfied with visiting. We pick mushrooms in the spring and berries in the summer and I envision my dream house with its southern exposure and kitchen windows facing east, so I can always catch the sunrise over coffee. Don't you just love nature's color palate?

1 comment:

  1. We've been having an unusually warm winter and beautiful sunrises too, but things may change tomorrow... snow is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete