Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rascally Rabbits

I bought this fabulous book by Barbara Pleasant yesterday at the B&N next to my office.
I love it! It has nice photos, beautiful illustrations by William Howell Golson and lots of information for a novice veggie gardener with very little time – like me! 
The only thing it’s missing is even the tiniest clue how to protect your garden from those voracious rodents who are so cute you don’t want to hurt them. That is until they’ve munched even your shrubs down to the ground.  




My sweet Mocha will chase them –
ALL THE WAY out of the yard and down the street, so she’s no help.


And Sequoia is much too…um…lets just say she likes to nap – a lot.


mixedgreensblog.com

If anyone with a knack for growing veggies and a rabbit problem has a solution
PLEASE share!
  I would be forever indebted. I would even share my mama’s
secret family bread and butter pickle recipe!


9 comments:

  1. I'm no help with the rabbits but did want to say that i'm your newest follower! What a sweet and fun blog you have! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for becoming a follower. I'm afraid I'm no help with the bunnies either. I absolutely adore them. In fact, I own a lop eared bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends put a small electric wire around their garden and it kept out all of their unwanted snackers. They usually had problems with rabbits and deer and had no problems last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I found you over at Brenda's Cozy Little House. I am a relatively new blogger (just hit my 1 year mark). Love you space! I could see myself walking up your driveway to knock on your door for a cup of tea or java! Beautiful photo. I read a couple of posts and I love what I see. I'm at work now, but I've got your space bookmarked. It looks lovely and peaceful. Just what I need in this busy world of ours.

    ~Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Sandy. Your blog is very sweet and I look forward to visiting again.

      Delete
  5. I have long haired cats who are also too lazy to chase rabbits most days:>) I have heard that combing the loose fur on your cats and dogs and leaving it in the garden where the bunnies can smell it encourages them to go elsewhere. They think a predator is there! Worth a try right? That bunny in the pot is so cute though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've brushed the kitty - lets see if it works!

      Delete
  6. Very cute blog here! I will be following!

    ReplyDelete