Saturday, February 25, 2012

Suddenly Recycling is Sentimental

While I was looking for some props to photograph with a girls apron for my Etsy shop, I saw this darling cup I keep my pencils in. It was made by my daughter when she was in preschool. That was more than a few years ago. I distinctly remember when she brought it home. It was the Friday before Mother's Day. She had "wrapped" it in a paper bag that she had carefully written "To Mommy" on and tied closed with red yarn. She was grinning ear to ear.
I adore the sunshine smiling on the chicks playing all around the bottom of the can. Just look at that darling little canary...

...and the pretty pink and orange butterfly. She proudly reported that she colored it ALL BY HERSELF! The teacher cut the pictures  out and helped her glue them to an empty can - green beans were in there before she told me. Such a sweet memory and it brings me joy every time I see it. It really is the little blessings that make life so wonderful, isn't it?

1 comment: