Monday, September 3, 2012

Annie Sloan and the Musee du Louvre

Before
I have has this architectural shelf/bookend for ages. In its current state it’s just a bit too...well...gold.


After Annie Sloan Paris Gray
I've been dying to use my sample of Annie Sloan Paris Gray and I thought this would be the perfect first project. Very nice, one-coat coverage. Loved how smoothly it went on.

Musee du Louvre Architectural Detail


Never one to leave well enough alone, I found an inspirational photo of the Musee du Louve and decided that though Paris Gray was excellent start, I was not yet finished.
My first addition was a very thin wash of thinned black artist acrylic.
With the help of my friend the Brawny
dude – yummy in a cheesy sort of way, isn’t he….?
...I removed the black from all but the deepest crevices.
Finally, to get the slightly warmer glow of the stone in my inspiration piece,

Musee du Louve - my inspiration


 I highlighted with a thin layer of toffee acrylic using one of my favorite tools - my fingertip.

Voila! Thank you Annie for the lovely color - and thank you Louve for the inspiration.


9 comments:

  1. I think I have a twin to your book end which I found at a thrift store! Yes, it's gold and waiting for a paint job! I adore acanthus leaves and gray is the perfect color just like the columns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!
    Don't you just want to paint everything now?
    I am constantly using AS on something. I'm going to try fabric soon.
    Glad you came by!
    ~ Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Tina! I can't to see what it does on fabric - do share your results.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  3. Hello There!
    I have just been look around your website and I absolutely adore it. I have a feeling you might like to take a look around my new little etsy shop:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LobleyCottage
    Love,
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chloe,
      Thank you for visiting my blog. Your Etsy shop is lovely - best of luck to you.
      Blessings,
      Linda

      Delete