Sunday, February 3, 2013

Trying a New Venue


I Am What I Am - St. Charles MO
I've just taken some of my French logo shabby chic trays, birdhouses and wine stoppers to this charming little shop in old St. Charles, about 10 miles from my house, on consignment. I've not tried consignment before. I recently had some items in a craft boutique and suffered dismal failure. The shop was lovely and the ladies who owned it were charming. Unfortunately, it was not the right venue for handcrafted. There were lots of resale items and home party companies, but not much handcrafted. It was also on the outskirts of a large suburban area not close to any other retail. I sold one item in three months. Heartbreaking.

Yay!! Local Handmade Boutique!
This darling shop is full of handmade items and located in the center of a whole street full of charming shops, boutiques and restaurants. You really should visit St. Charles, Missouri if you're ever in the area. The owner is lovely and has her own successful Etsy shop at www.pinksevendesigns.etsy.com, so she is all about handmade and hand decorated. Fingers crossed, we will have a wonderfully successful relationship. Have you ever tried consignment sales?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have good luck selling your things on consignment! Looks like a sweet little shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail. I hope so too, and it gives me a great excuse to go to St. Charles and have a fabulous lunch now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a consignment shop for decor items that I'm no longer using. I also buy from them using credit that I've accrued from selling things. It's a lot of fun! I hope this shop will serve you well and you'll be able to continue using them in the future. Too bad I don't live in MO. Otherwise, I'd go check it out!

    ReplyDelete