Thursday, April 4, 2013

Inappropriate for the Office



S'murtle - Jilly's Cupcake Bar, St. Louis
My co-worker has a gorgeous calendar hanging above her desk. I pass by several times a day just to admire the calendar girls…cupcakes…beautifully decorated, fabulously photographed, yummy cupcakes. Damn them, they are totally inappropriate for the office (like that tart they hired for reception).  So I decided to start a calendar of my own. One much more office appropriate - not so decadent and distracting. I have my quarterly calender girls picked out already:

Spring Salad - pickycook.com
This is the young temptress, Miss Spring, dainty and sweet - sporting delicate baby greens and juicy ripe red strawberries. She’s lightly dressed, yes, but oh so innocent.

Summer Salad - annpurnacaterers.com
Miss Summer follows. Stunning, round, voluptuous melon balls, dark sweet grapes, slices of succulent peaches and a sprinkling of late season strawberries. She is sporting a sprig of mint and looks wonderfully cool sitting in her cantaloupe cup.

Autumn Salad - AskGeorgie.com
Following the fabulously hot Miss Summer, I’ve chosen a bold and sophisticated Miss Autumn. Simple and elegant, shredded purple cabbage decorated with the season’s crispy red apples, she’s dressed in a tangy mustard vinaigrette. It’s just the right amount of coverage for her tantalizing sweet crunchiness.
Winter Salad - wisefitnesstips.com
Finally, the well-seasoned Miss Winter. Preserved beets and sun dried tomatoes snuggle with lettuce, green onion, cucumber and lovely farmer’s cheese. She is sporting a sprinkling of dried herbs from the garden and a smidge of olive oil and red wine vinegar.

See, it IS possible to be tantalizing without being sinful. I may just have something here…

11 comments:

  1. Oh- Yum...Yum...and Yum.....Starting with the cupcake and moving forward! Does the boss take the office TART out for long lunches? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he does! But I think he's secretly flirting with Miss Winter. ;)

      Delete
  2. Mmmm I want to take a bite out of that cupcake.

    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all Mikky! Thanks for dropping in. I love your site - who'd a thunk peering into other people's loos would be so much fun?

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I like the looks of that cupcake very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I know - it's a pretty spectacular cupcake, isn't it? It's all I can do to keep from having lunch at Jilly's every day! Thank you so much for dropping by.




      Delete
  4. That cupcake is calling out my name. But, I have to admit, the other does look delicious.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcake is winning, hands down - and I tried so hard to find good salad competitors :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda,

    Thanks for stopping my blog and identifying the woodland plant (trillium) for me. I've heard of them , but have never seen one before. I may have to go back and dig up one or two for myself.

    Now on to more important things....I'll take the cupcake followed by the spring salad. All look delicious.

    Love your blog name and hope you do get to move to French Hollow soon. I'll be following you when you do.

    Nice to meet you. Come back by for a visit soon.

    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since my doctor has made sugar verboten, those salads are actually looking awesome! Thanks for your comment on the kinds of blogs you like to read...I'm doing sort of a project about them.

    ReplyDelete