Monday, May 27, 2013

It Is A Whole New Kitchen - My Pinterest Inspired Makeover

It was loads of work, but I could not be happier with my new kitchen.
Kitchen After
The kitchen has always been my favorite room in the house, but the oak cabinets were starting to show wear and the shiny brass fixtures were dated. 
Kitchen Before
Kitchen Before Transformation



Now it is impossible for me not to smile when I get up in the morning. I could spend my whole day here - if I didn't have to guard the garden from robins!

Kitchen After Transformation
Now all I need is new curtains...
Kitchen After
...maybe like these - are they not gorgeous?! I wish I could give credit, but I don't know who created this beautiful kitchen. If you do - please let me know so I can give the designer his/her props!
Via Pinterest
Thanks so much for letting me share my kitchen project!
Blessings,
Linda

11 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new kitchen!!! I would be thrilled too! As one who has also redid her kitchen by painting (don't know if you painted or refaced) but it is soooo nice to be in a room that you love. You did a great job!! I went over your pics several times and also loved how you decorated it too. And then realized that most of the accessories were the same as the "before" but they look so much better in the "after" now!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new room!
    Big hugs
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is just lovely, Linda! I know just how you feel. When you finally finish a huge undertaking like yours, it's so nice to walk into the newly transformed room.

    I've seen that roman shade before, but I honestly can't remember where. It would look fabulous hanging on your big window!

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to wake up to such a grand accomplishment! What a feeling...
    I love your white cabinets- it's so sharp and updated now.
    You definitely need a similar curtain- it looks as if it mas made for your window.
    Enjoy your new kitchen- your hard work really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, Vickie and Tina - thank you so much! It is fabulous to get thumbs up from such talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeousness! I don't know of a happier home renovation than a kitchen makeover. LOVE the results! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black and white in your new kitchen. It's so sleek and clean looking. What a great job!! Must feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Way to knock that oak down.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kitchen took a great leap – from cozy to contemporary. And if you don't mind, here is a treatment I found from the Houzz: http://www.houzz.com/photos/39548/The-Old-Painted-Cottage-traditional-kitchen-los-angeles. It's perfect and more fitting for your kitchen window's length and is equally charming too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gregoria - you are so right! It is a beautifully simple window treatment that would look gorgeous in my kitchen.

      Delete
  9. This is what you get for keeping yourself motivated. You now have your dream kitchen, Linda! I'm so happy for you. Your kitchen looks so refreshing. Your white hardware match well with your black appliances. It looks very sophisticating, but you can still feel a light atmosphere in the area!

    Tiffanie Dinger @ ST Evans Inc Construction

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete