Sunday, February 7, 2016

Oh Goddesses of Fabulous Farmhouse-ness - Please Help





I found this wonderful 1940s kitchen table with a lovely enamel top today and I want to strip off the peachy beige paint and restore it to the gorgeous farmhouse green color that is underneath. It is actually quite photogenic above, because close up it looks more like the photo below.



I tried chipping off just the shiny glossy - and filthy dirty - peachy beige, but anything that comes off also takes the green with it. If anyone knows who has just the right minty farmhouse kitchen green, please, please save me from spending hours mixing my own!

Blessings,
Linda

2 comments:

  1. Great old table! I have 2 thoughts on the matter. First, if you could scrape away a small area on the drawer and reveal some of the green, you could get it color matched at your local Lowe's. If that's not an option, check out Miss Mustard Seed's blog and look at her line of milk paint colors. She's got a couple of greens that I think you'd be happy with.

    Good luck, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie - I'll give Lowes a try first because they are so close, but I do love Miss Mustard Seed!

      Delete